Happy Spring! Easter is right around the corner, and today I thought I would share with you this simple little Easter basket that you can make for a special gift.
I started with a cut file from the Silhouette Store by Lori Whitlock and Marion Smith's papers from the Mad Tea Party Collection.
Cut out the file, and add score tape to the flaps. If you want the edges to be inked, now would be a good time to do that. Your box will look like the photo below when assembled.
Attach your handle to the inside of the box, using the holes for the brads to line the handles up.
I used Mono Adhesive to attach mine.
Before attaching my handle I also added some lace on the backside of the handle to soften up the edge, and mask the design from the back of the paper.
I then added a little piece of burlap to the inside of the basket to mask the pattern from the inside of the box.
Now the fun part - decorating the basket!
I made a flower using Marion Smith's new Bloom Impression Dies.
I started with 5 cuts of each of the Peony Petals and the Stamen from the Stamen and Leaves dies.
Prep them by rolling them with a stylus (Marion's Tool is shipping this week so this process is going to be way faster in the future!). I used thin copy paper to cut these out.
Take one of the Stamen pieces and begin to place your largest petals along the outside of the stamen. Make sure your petals overlap slightly to fill in the gaps. I used Tombo Mono Adhesive to glue these pieces together.
Do a second layer with the next smallest petals on top of the original stamen. (this will hide the stamen from view). Repeat this process with the next row. You shouldn't need anymore stamens. Just continue to layer the smaller petals until all petals are used. Make sure you offset each row so that a petal is between two petals below.
I then colored both sides of the remaining stamens with a Copic YR31. Crinkle the Stamens, then layer them one inside the other. I wadded them up into a ball to crinkle them even more. Add that to the center of your flower, and gently curl your flower petals downward.
I then sprayed my flower with Lindy's Stamp Gang Crème Brulee Cream Starburst Stain.
For a final touch I went over the flower with some Ranger Distress Ink by Tim Holtz in Spun Sugar.
Then finished building out the clusters with a few leaves from Marion's Stamen and Leaves die, and a brass filigree flower from her Junque & Gems. The butterflies were fussy cut from the b-side of the paper used to cut the basket. A floral vine was used to soften the edge of the handle.
These baskets were so fun to make. My nieces and nephews are going to love them. It is a small way that I can spoil them. I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial.
Thanks for stopping in today,