MY favorite paper in that line is the Feather Paper, so I have been hoarding it until I found just the perfect project to use it on! I had lots of fun making this paper mache birdhouse.
|Here's the finished product! I have a slideshow below to show you the steps to make it!|
1. Paint the paper mache birdhouse white. Cut the papers to fit by tracing and measuring the sides and roof. Mod Podge them all in place.
2. Close up view of the roof
3. Add a border of lace around the edges of the roof with hot glue.
4. Antique the corners and edges by diluting brown acrylic paint with water and brushing in several areas.
5. Using Marion's chicken wire stamp, I stamped on my ticket and the roof and sides in several places.
6. Start adding some embellishments to the house, like little nests and leaves by Prima Marketing and doily by Marion Smith.
7. On the front to the house, here is the lovely nest(Michaels) I created filled with Lovley Junque and Gems in Marion's collection! I love the feathers I cut out of the paper and added some brown distressing with chalk ink to the edges. Perfect for a Bird House!
8. On one side and the back, I added a picket fence with some flowers and another little nest.
9. Stamped a NO sign for the front above the hole.
10. The front view.
11. I strung a little banner across the roof front to back with Jute. I added cute little things and some clothespins to hang things with.
12. Close view
13. Back view
Hope you get inspired to try one of these for your home! I had a great time and this paper collection is so gorgeous to work with!!
Check out Marion's Never Grow up LINE on her website!!
Thanks for stopping by