Monday, October 27, 2014

Feeling the "LOVE" with "Mad Tea Party" and my stash

Hello All!

Keri Sallee here! Today I am excited to share with you a mixed media piece I recently made using Marion's Mad Tea Party paper, stamps and some yummy Junque and Gems.

For this piece, I decided to dig through my stash and use some things I have had for a while to use along side Marion's designs
.

You'll find in this piece:

Tim Holtz Grunge Board Flourish (does he even make grunge board anymore!? LOL)
Vintage Tattered Angels Colors
Pink Paislee Wooden Letters
Old Prima Flowers
Paper Studio Flowers (that I have had forever!)
An old Stampin' Up Large Block stamp I found at a garage sale

To make make my background, I used the "Rabbit Hole" paper from the Mad Tea Party collection. 



To achieve my the edging, I simple tore off all 4 corners of the 12x12 paper and used matte gel medium to adhere it to my 5x7 canvas board. Voila! You have instantly transferred Marion's cool distressed edge to a smaller format!

Here are a few closeups!


My title is made from Pink Paislee Letters that were painted with Tattered Angels Glazes. A heat tool makes the glaze bubble up and gives fun texture. I layered these on top of Prima and The Paper Studio flowers that were splattered with Tattered Angels and glammed up with pink Junque and Gems.


Here is a side view!


I used "Viva Pink" Tattered Angels Glimmer mist on my Harlequin Style Grunge Board Flourish from Tim Holtz and used my large diamond stamp in the background to reinforce my diamond pattern. 



Everything is better with more messy color, right!? I splattered Tattered Angels glazes and glimmer mists and allowed some of it to drip down. You can also see the edge of the canvas better here. :)

So there you go! I hope you enjoyed my super-feminine and super-messy piece today.

Have an awesome day!

XOXO,
KERI

No comments:

Post a Comment