Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Gift Card Envie with Sandi


Well, hello! Sandi here today, wiping her brow! 
Have you ever had a project that fought you all the way? Well, that was this one!  
I thought it would be fun and quick but my little project seemed doomed from the start. 
But you know what? I persevered and now I love it so much, I'm not sure I can give it away! 



Anyway, I was wanting to make this little gift card/memory envelope from the Time Keeper Tinker paper shown above. And I wanted to pair it with a variety of paper that might not been done before. It's always a fun thing to rummage through my MSD stuff and decide what I want to use! I ended up with Mad Tea Party, Romance Novel Chapter 2, Junque Gypsy and of course, Time Keeper. 



Loved adding a second diagonal pocket on the front and a couple of extra cards tucked inside there! Mixing the collections was actually loads of fun! Everything Marion Smith designs goes together so seamlessly. 



Of course,  finding the "perfect" embellishments is not always the easiest thing to do when you are trying to accomplish multiple tasks.  I finally settled on a vine from my stash. Also, I've had this little wooden bird forever and could never find a use for him but he's perfect here!  

Do be careful not to glue your papers to wrong side of the envie.  Just sayin'. Don't you love the fussy cut butterfly? So classic! 



I took such pains to use the green and cream Mad Tea Party "Tea Party" papers and then mostly covered them up but they are oh, so pretty, sigh! I still adore that collection! Then, I've used lots of fussy cut pieces. The rhinestones were just a little remnant that I hadn't used. Love when that happens! 



After several hours of messing around on the front, seriously, yes, I didn't do anything to the back except add the buttons for closure. One is sewn and the other added with a foam adhesive, Next time, I'll plan ahead and sew and them both on.

I'm excited about my end result and think it will be perfect for gift card giving this summer!
Actually, I can't wait to get started on another! 

Marion Smith Products Used:
Time Keeper Tinker 
Time Keeper Exploratorium
Mad Tea Party - Tea Party
Mad Tea Party Cut & Create Small Ephemera 
Junque Gypsy Faux Pas
Romance Novel Chapter 2, My Type

Sandi

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Sandi! Love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I buy the beautiful Romance Novel Chapter 2, My Type
    ?

    ReplyDelete