Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Shabby Greeting Card With A Twist

Well hello there! Welcome to my first post with Marion Smith Designs woohoo! Today I want to share a card with you! I wanted to send something to someone special I haven't seen in a long time, so I wanted to create a card, but spice it up a little bit! I used papers from Marion Smith's printables, Scarlet, Folder Book Kit, & Life Journal Book that you can find here! Make sure you check them out, they are stunning!

 
Sometimes you like to stick pictures of your kids or pups or whoever in cards right?  For that reason I thought some pockets were much needed, so I created a pull-out accordion effect;
 
 
Now it has 3 pockets I can cram stuff into, like tags!
 
 
Marion's designs are so absolutely beautiful, all you really have to do is cut them out strategically, and the results are gorgeous! Like this postcard;
 
 
Just add a little tape at the top to make it look like it's "taped on" and you're all set! A perfect little cozy place to write your sentiments ;)
 
I used a few other stamps & embellishments I had handy, but other than that I mostly used printable papers from Marion's shop.There are so many beautiful elements in every line, it's so easy to mix & match!
 

 
I hope you enjoyed my first project and thank you so much for stopping by! Wasn't Aneta's card gorgeous?! I am so honored to be a part of such an amazing team!
 
Love, Sarah
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I love what you have done with the Scarlet printables - such a gorgeous collection and your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning Kim :)I love how you mixed everything together! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful eye candy! Love the way you made your card with the accordion style pockets...A perfect gift! Marion's papers are gorgeous, I absolutely love what you created with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Sarah. I love the pink and the inserts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sarah... what a gorgeous project... LOVE all the pockets and tags! What an ideal card!

    ReplyDelete