Saturday, August 31, 2013

Cotton Tail Layout - Tonya Gibbs

Today I wanted to share with you a layout that I created using Marion's Grand Mini Album and Life Planner downloads. 

These are some of my favorite photos of my nieces.  We took them at Easter last year.  The bunny was such a sweet addition to the photo shoot, and Addie kissing the bunny was just the sweetest moment ever!

layout designed by Tonya A. Gibbs  #MarionSmithDesigns   #Psychomomscrapbooks #TonyaGibbs #Digi #Layout #Scrapbooking #Art
Designed  by Tonya A. Gibbs http://www.psychomomscrapbooks.blogspot.com


I really wanted the focus to be on the photographs for this layout.  So I tried to avoid too many embellishments and color.  Since their dresses had so much pink in them, I decided to avoid pinks in my paper choices.  If there is a dominate color in your photo, try to chose papers and embellishments that do not contain these colors.  It will help to send everything to the background and make your photo pop!  

I placed the photos into the photo frames that are available in the Life Planner download. These frames alone make this kit worth having. I just love their odd shape. I used patterns from both collections to create my own washi tapes.  Then finished off the layout with lace to soften up the harsh lines of the journal pages, and embellishments.

Thanks for stopping in today,

Tonya A. Gibbs
http://www.psychomomscrapbooks.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful layout with DARLING photos!!!! Fabulous papers from the Life Planner... I really NEED this one... and thanks, Tonya, for the color tip!
    Am daily looking forward to your posts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these colors :) Great sketch :)

    ReplyDelete