Sunday, March 2, 2014

Hybrid Burlap Mini Album - by Tonya Gibbs

Hi everyone, I hope you are having an awesome weekend.  I made a little 6x6 burlap mini album in just a few hours, and thought I would share it with you today.  I used  Marion's Scarlet Digitals  along with some odd and end scraps from her Mad Tea Party and Nirvana printed lines.  I love how her printed lines and digi lines compliment each other perfectly! 
 
 
 
I added lots of yummy layers to the cover. A few months ago I shared a tutorial on how to make the flower, and I love how it coordinates with the roses in her papers.
 
 
For the inside I used one of Tim Holtz' binder mechanisms and 4x6 photo sleeves.
 
 
 
 
Pull out those punches and dies for projects like this.  They help to add a little interest to photo mats, and make great layering elements.
 
 
 
The journal pages are from some of Marion's Primrose printable. I fussy cut the rose and added it to the far right so it would match the rest of the papers.
 
 
I love how this file folder serves as a pocket on one of the pages.
 
 
Tags are a great way to add multi-level pages.  Tabs also offer interest sticking out of the margins.
 
 
I used some of the ATC sized note cards from her Nirvana collection to give an extra journal spot. 
 
 
 
The photo sleeves will offer protection for my photos, and give a nice clean finished look to the album.
 
 
This was a super fun project, and I just love it, when you can marry a bunch of itty bitty scraps, to create fabulous layers.   This little mini is going to make a gorgeous gift for one of my scrappy buddies. 
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs

4 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous. I love burlap projects. Thanks for sharing, Johanne Lacombe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how this came out! Love the papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very fun! Would love to fill up with pix!

    ReplyDelete