Monday, December 22, 2014

Mad Tea Party Last Minute Gift

Hello All!

Keri Sallee here with my last project for 2014. How crazy is that? 

Last week talked about taking a little "me" time and how it's good not only for the mind and body, but also for the projects you're trying to do. Did you try to take a little time of refreshing? I hope so.

With CHA 2015 fast approaching, I wanted to share a project that I did for the first CHA I had the privilege of making projects for Marion.

I was looking at it and I thought "WOW...this would make a perfect DIY, last-minute gift." So I thought I would share it with you today.


I simply took scraps from the "Mad Tea Party" collection and made stripes for my background.


I added a "bouquet" of rolled paper flowers (again...from scraps) and added leaves cut from canvas.


In honor of this collection being all about Alice in Wonderland, I took a quote from the original book: "Who in the World am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle." I used black sticker letters by 7Gypsies.

Easy Peasy! Depending on the number of flowers you made, you could easily make this in 30 minutes to an hour.

Don't have that much time? Cluster some ready made flowers (maybe sprayed with a little Color Lab?!) around a quote and put it in a glassless frame. This is actually an 8.5 x 11 document frame from Wal-mart that cost me about $2.

Have more time? Ink it up! Add some bling or some Junque and Gems or splashes of Color Lab. There possibilities are endless...as are the people who would enjoy a little homemade gift that features their favorite quote.

I hope you are remembering to take time for you during the crazy holiday season.

Have a blessed Christmas and I look forward to spending more time with you in 2015. 

XOXO,
KERI



2 comments: