Saturday, December 20, 2014

Wicked Times Ornament by Erica Houghton

Happy Saturday! Can you believe it's December 20th? Where has the year gone? 

Well, despite how fast the year seems to be going, I've been taking time over the last few weeks to get into the holiday spirit. I've been decorating my home, baking sweet treats and have even attempted to create a few handmade gifts. So, today I'm sharing with you an ornament I created using the Wicked Times Collection by Marion Smith Designs.


I started with a paper mache, square ornament.


I then cut a 2.5" x 12" strip of Wicked Times pattern paper, scored it, and then 'wrapped' my ornament. I also cut two 2.5" x 2.5" squares and adhered one to the top and one to the bottom - covering the entire ornament with paper.


Using double sided tape along the top, bottom and sides I added  gold glitter.


I created a bauble using Junque & Gems; I attached the bauble to the bottom of my ornament.


Finally, I added a few flowers, ribbons and pearls to complete my ornament.


Doesn't it look pretty hanging on my tree? Simply follow the steps above and in an hour you'll have a beautiful, one-of-a-kind, handmade gift!


Paper
Marion Smith Designs, Wicked Times


Embellishments
Marion Smith Designs, Junque & Gems - bird nest


Prima Marketing - flowers
Celebrate It - ribbon, pearls
Misc., - gold glitter


Thanks for joining me today!

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment