Sunday, March 16, 2014

This One's For The Girls

Well hello there paper peeps! Sarah reporting here on this chilly Sunday, and I don't know if you've seen the new "Motley" collection but it is just beautiful! Such a mix of gorgeous colors and flowers, perfect for those springtime layouts! Awhile ago, I borrowed this old picture that my dad had of some of the women from his side of the family, I just adore it! All the ladies are in pretty farmgirl type dresses, you can tell it's summertime, and there are trees in the background and it's just a cool picture. I've been wanting to use it for some time now, and I saw Motley and knew what I wanted to do with it! I actually made a layout to go in my garden themed mudroom! (The mint green and cream striped paper is actually from the other new collection, "Never Grow Up.")

 
I am going to journal on it, but I want to get some more info on these women before I do!  I know the one all the way to the right is my grandma, so cute! I included a tag for hidden journaling as well ;) It's on the left!
 
 
Martina McBride has a song where she sings, "this one's for the girrrllss," and I love it! This picture makes me think of that song. I'm pretty sure these women were related, but I wonder were they  truly friends too? Did they hang out? Did they giggle and have fun together? Did they all gather in one of their farm kitchens and make Sunday dinner together? I love to think of things like that! I'm sure they shared each others hardships. Women need to help each other and uplift and support one other, no matter what era we live in!  That is so important! Like Martina says in the song, "Yeahhh we're all the same inside, from 1 to 99...This one's for the girls!!"  Celebrate the women in your life!
 
 
 
Marion's also got some fab new stamp sets out! I used the one that looks like a little piece of chicken wire, I thought that would be fitting ;) plus it adds some cute texture! (#lifemoments stamp is Tim Holtz).. Also, from the Junque & Gems line, I used a little clock charm and tied it onto the tag... just thinking about how these ladies were here at one time ;) There are so many cute pieces in those little bags!

 
Oh my goodness, I absolutely love this little turquoise paper with the pink rose on it!! It is goorrrggeeoouus!! I couldn't wait to cut it apart lol!

 
I think this will make a nice décor piece in my mudroom, don't you think so?
 
Thank you so much for stopping by today, and be sure to check out the new "Motley" and "Never Grow Up" lines, lots of pretty papers!
 
Love, Sarah
 
Supplies;
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous Sarah, omg I love that layout, and I can see it in a mudroom....great pic...and girl you should write a book, I love how you tell a story....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. Love all the colors as well as all the nice little bits an pieces you put in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this is so gorgeous i love all the layers realky makes the photo pop

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this photo!!! Perfect papers for this pic!

    ReplyDelete