Monday, January 26, 2015

The Mighty Mini...making ATCs with Marion Smith Color Labs and Romance Novel 2

Hello Creative Lovelies!

This week in my studio, I have been all about the making mini works of art called ATCs.

If you aren't familiar with them, ATC stands for "Artist Trading Cards." They are the size of a regular playing card, 2.5in X 3.5in, and can be made from various materials like watercolor paper, mixed media paper, bristol paper and anything else your imagination dreams up!

I started with a small piece of mixed media paper that was pre-cut to the ATC size. I made sure to gesso it so that my Color Lab color would be really vibrant.


To make it EXTRA sparkly, I added a little bit of my premixed "Cupcake" recipe from my sprayer into a shallow pallet section and added an extra half scoop of my pink shimmer pigment.

Next..it was all about the layers!


Here's what I added to my "Cupcake" color lab surface:

(1) Marion's "Texture" Stamp with Archival Ink pad in Jet Black

(2) Adhere a small trip of chevron paper from Romance Novel 2 "Telegram" paper

(3) Using an old hotel room key card, lightly scrap a small amount of matte gel medium over the whole thing to seal down your project so far.

(4) Take a small amount of modeling paste and mix in a little aqua Color Lab shimmer powder and a dash of Yellow pigment powder. This will give you this fun avocado color! Scrape the mixture through a small sized stencil (I used a small circular stencil.) If you have any left, add a little to the edges of your card.

(5) From Marion's ephemera cards, I cut this cute little light bulb and stamped it with a script stamp I had on hand. 

(6) I finished it up with a saying from a Cosmo Cricket sticker set and some Junque and Gems camera and gear.

I hope you have been inspired to try something new...in a small way with ATCs.

Until next time...

XOXO,
KERI


No comments:

Post a Comment