Thursday, February 5, 2015

Romance Novel Ch. 2 Teapot by Erica Houghton

Hi! Today I’m sharing an altered projectas well as a step-by-step tutorial! I altered a teapot using the Romance Novel Ch. 2 Collection by Marion Smith Designs.

This is what the teapot looked like originally...


And, this is what it looks like now!


I started by selecting two different sheets of pattern paper; I then traced the teapot a total of 4 times (inside/outside for both the right/left).


After I traced the teapot I cut out my pieces and adhered them to the teapot.


Next, I traced and cut out the bottom and slide pieces of the teapot.


After I traced and cut out the bottom and slide pieces I adhered them to the teapot, and put the teapot together.




Next, I cut out a few elements from the Romance Novel Ch. 2 Collection, stamped and adhered them to the front of the teapot.


I then adhered flowers, leaves and ribbon to the front of the teapot.


Here are a few close-ups:




Lastly, I cut out a few more elements from the Romance Novel Ch. 2 Collection, folded and stapled them together to make 'pockets'. I inserted a tea bag into each 'pocket' and placed the 'pockets' in the teapot.


And there you have it! Wouldn't this make the perfect gift for tea-loving friend?


Paper

Embellishments
Celebrate It – ribbon

Adhesives
3D Foam Creative Sheets
E-Z Squares® Refillable Dispenser

Products
Martha Stewart – punch
Tim Holtz – stamp, distress ink

Thanks for joining me today!

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment