Thursday, August 7, 2014

My Debut Post with Marion Smith Designs

Hello friends!

Today I'm bringing to you my very first post for Marion Smith Designs. It's been awhile since I've created with such amazing artwork and detailed papers so it was definitely a lot of fun!

"You Make Me Smile"



This was created using papers from the "Mad Tea Party" collection. Just love the amazingly rich colours in this line, and also different designs that I can fussy-cut out for layering. 

some close ups:


I actually made those flowers with the new Bloom Impressions Tool and it was so much fun! So very different from the pre-made flowers that I'm used to but it has definitely added a lot of dimension to my layout. Plus I can add matching Junque and Gems stuff to jazz up the flowers. Now I'm just working with patterned paper but I'll be trying out fabric real soon. As you can see, lots of fussy cutting and layering the different pieces. 


Junque and Gems resin flowers, jewel and a metal butterfly. I also added a flourish chipboard which I lightly dabbed with acrylic primer randomly. 

Supplies:








So that's all I have for now. Hope you've enjoyed my project for today.
Until then, happy scrapping!

love,
Jelissa

3 comments: