You will need the following items:
- Printable images (download from here)
- Safmat paper by Letraset (http://www.letraset.com/
products/124-Safmat/ 949-Safmat-Film-A4/). Make sure you buy the correct Safmat for your printer type - inkjet or laser.
Then, follow these steps:
- Open PDF file in Acrobat
- Insert a sheet of Safmat paper into printer tray. Be sure to place it the correct way up, the shiny side is what needs to be printed on. The other side is just the backing sheet.
- Under Print options, properties, Advanced - select Reverse Print.
- Print file and allow to dry for a few seconds.
- Cut around image and remove backing sheet - burnish on surface as you would with a rub on!
- If you are using an inkjet printer, you may want to lightly spray the finished image with a fixative (or hairspray works just as well!).
Here is a picture of a rub on I made from the Scarlet collection. I burnished it on to a sheet of old French text paper. Because the Safmat is translucent, the text paper shows through slightly. I love that!
I really hope you give this technique a go! It's a great way to get more mileage out of your Marion Smith Printables!