Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Layout | Sugar & Spice using Life Journal Printables




There are moments when everything seems to go wrong. Your paper trimmer rips your last sliver of your favorite patterned paper. You favorite punch can't seem to align it self just when your about to make your focal point embellishment that you planned. You run out of adhesive just when you need it the most. It's happened to all of us. And it's frustrating...like really frustrating and it can really steal your mojo.

Today's layout started a bit like this. Everything I tried wasn't working. I figure out how to get everything to print at the correct size, then I started spilling things all over the place and knocking everything over and dropping everything I picked up.

I finally just walked away exasperated and it a bad mood. I broke out my Filofax and started journaling. Getting those emotions out on paper definitely helped bring me back to my calm place and this is the resulting layout.


Die cuts save the layout. Marion's printables always come with awesome cut apart embellishment sheets that I love and used to layer up this layout. Marion's printables were use on all of the background papers except the text pattern on the background.

Marion's printables always include the most awesome tags that I used behind the title, and the beautiful butterfly printed tag I used in the bottom right cluster. Also the beautifully distressed ruler that anchors the center display is also from the printables. I also used quite a few die cuts from Amy Tangerine and Maggie Holmes collections. 


I love that all of Marion's designs can be used with each other and all the collections mix so well with each other. All of her designs are classic and can be used to mix seamlessly with so many other collections and brands.

You can purchase some of my favorite printables by clicking on the links below.




Thanks for stopping in today. 

Angee Carter

7 comments:

  1. Haaa - I think we have all had those days. Sometimes I look at those moments as God saying NO not there! The printables do give you so much flexibility with design. I also love that you can mix and match between collections and printed brands. Your layout is perfect and the little girl is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really adorable.....and the layout is pretty too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little girl! and the layout is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a pretty layout! love all the little tucked in details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet layout, cute photos too..xx

    ReplyDelete