Monday, August 26, 2013

Quick & Easy Cards using Scarlet Printables

One of my favorite things to do with my scraps is to make cards. The pieces left over from scrapbooking and mini album, etc, are the perfect size for making simple and easy cards. That's exactly what I did today.

Early this morning I was hanging out online with friends finishing up a few weeks of Project Life. Every now and then we will sign on to a Google Hangout via Google Plus and work on Project Life while chatting away drinking coffee or tea.

I had these leftovers on my desk from other project so I decided to go back to my original craft of card making to make use of these beautiful prints. As a crafter I don't like waste and I know it's an inevitable part of paper crafting so any way I can use more of my supplies I will.


A little bit of stamping goes a long way on this card I created the focal point using one stamp set and a variety of inks. I was thinking of creating a thank you card for a wedding.  


A few pearls and jute twine finishes everything off just nicely. 


This card mixes a bit of stamping as well as some embossing for the sentiment. An embellishment made from a heart punch adds a finishing touch. I also added a bit of washi tape to accent the beautiful butterfly paper from Marion Smith. 


These are two quick and easy cards that you can easily make using your gorgeous scraps. The flat embellishments make this card easy to mail without any hassel. 

Quick Tip: Add a few extra embellishments along the washi tape when you send this to your crafty friend. The washi's surface is slick so the embellishments will come off easily and your friend can easily add them to other projects. Who doesn't love a card with a gift!!

Dont forget to contact your Local Scrapbook Store to request Marion Smith Designs products to be carried. This includes two new paper collections (Mad Tea Party & Nirvana) with matching stamps. 

You can contact sales@marionsmithdesigns.com for more information. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

Scroll down to see Ana Leal's gorgeous layout also using the Scarlet Printables. 


3 comments:

  1. great showcasing of the samples ladies , perfecto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the sweetest cards. I am loving the rose print and can see myself using that in a future project. Great tip with the washi too! Rose pink and aqua, my two favourite colours - whats not to love!

    ReplyDelete