Thursday, May 8, 2014

Full of Wonder Mixed Media Layout by Tonya Gibbs


Hi everyone, I hope you're having an awesome week so far.  Today I'm sharing a mixed media layout of my niece Emily. I recently took this photo at Easter and the expression on her face is so precious. She's just oozing with sweetness.   I thought that the tag on the right from Marion's Mad Tea Party Collection said it all "Wonder, For the Curious At Heart the Wanderous Mind, and the Adventurous Soul"



I decided on Marion's Motley Collection  & Junque & Gems, because there are so many elements that can be fussy cut from this collection. The festive color palette was perfect for my sweet Emily! 


I used scraps from recent projects, and took this opportunity to fussy cut the elements that could be used as stand alone pieces  then cut banners from the rest. This is a great way to eliminate scraps.  Individually these small elements seem insignificant, but when clustered together, they really make a statement.

 

I used a neutral baby blue paper for the background, and then applied a few mixed media techniques to give it texture and depth.   I stuck with the hot pink tones so that my photo would really pop.  



I'm seriously in LOVE with Gold right now, and decided to spray paint some generic paper doilies with Krylon's Metalic Gold Spray Paint.  I love how they look inside my embellishment clusters, and the gold matches this collection perfectly! 


I placed my title in the bottom left hand corner inside another embellishment cluster. Her eyes were so bright in the photo I decided to include that reference in my title   "Blue Eyes Full of Wonder".  The title card was part of Mairon's Scarlet Digital collection.   

We would love to see what you have created with Marion's gorgeous lines. Don't forget to #MarionSmithDesigns when you share your Marion Smith Designs Projects in Social Media.  

Thanks for stopping in today. 

Tonya Gibbs
http://www.psychomoms.com 


DESIGN TEAM CALL REMINDER:   - deadline for submissions is May 30, 2014. Here is the link with all the details!


7 comments:

  1. Hi there!! Wonderful LO! I am in Canada and am wondering if there is anywhere I can pick up some of these items? paper, embellies, etc?! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking and comment. Try contacting Scott at bluemoonscrapbooking.com

      Delete
  2. really beautiful- darling little subject!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is an absolute doll Tonya! Perfect layout for her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Fabulous!!! Girl I just love this layout...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous LO! Your niece is just beautiful! Will have to try the spray paint idea on some of the doilies I have hanging around my craft room. A great way to color several at once with very little effort...love it!

    ReplyDelete