Saturday, May 10, 2014

Is YOUR mom a Queen???

Happy Almost Mother's day friends!  Wondering if YOU are the Queen of your household or if YOUR mother is a Queen??? I am thinking of the big day tomorrow where we will all want to be treated Like a Queen of our castle!!  Hope you get spoiled and lots of love from those husbands and kids!  We all know that along with the Blessing of kids comes alot of work!!! I say Celebrate Big and milk it for all it's worth!!
My project today is made for the Queen MOM using the Motley paper line!
This will be the perfect centerpiece for your mom's table and it can also be a candle holder -so it makes a great Mother's day Gift.  It was super easy to make!

I had two sizes of these and I decided to make the larger one.  It is 8 inches tall and has a diameter of 4 inches wide.  The shorter one is 5 inches tall.  Have to save it for another gift! 

My border measured 12 inches long by 2 inches tall.  I uses a jumbo scallop border  punch made by  EK Success.  I glued it around the bottom edge of the crown and added
the Doily on top of the portion where the scallop border did not meet.  (below) 

I also added a cute little ribbon flower border  

Then the fun begins with decorating that doily !  First I took burgundy Seam binding and wrapped it around the crown on top of the scallop border.  I punched a 3 inch scalloped circle and in the middle of it made 2 little holes where I could feed the burgundy ribbon thru and tied a bow.  On top of the bow, I added a metal circle from the Junque and Gems AND that LOVELY resin Rose!!!  So easy and elegant!!
You can also see in the photo, I hand cut some pennants to be put on toothpicks for my little flags. 

To embellish one of  the flags, I stamped MOM with Marions Alphabet stamp set. 
Here's the details of my pennants!  I added a Junque and Gems butterfly, and a key and a little cutout rose to the right one.   Little gems make it sparkle!!

The lovely Rose paper is the only one I used!  One of the pennants was cut from the backside of this Motley collection page.

Hope you are inspired if you have a little gift to make for YOUR mom or even to make a personalized gift for any occasion!
Happy Mother's Day!!
Colette Nederhoff

2 comments:

  1. Colette this is a super fabulous idea and wonderful gift for a mom....so adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colette these crowns are adorable! Love how you decorated them, and yes my Mom is a queen

    ReplyDelete